Monday, January 9, 2012

My Late Grownup Christmas List



I know it has been days since Christmas passed. Somehow, I just felt the need to post some of the things I wanted for the 25th but, unfortunately, didn't have the money to buy one or just didn't have the time to spare. Some of the gifts that are part of the wishlist below are quite ambitious but, hey! This is a Christmas list, after all, isn't it?



1. Canon EOS 550D













When I said ambitious, I wasn't kidding. The reason why this is on top of my list is that I'm taking up Digital Media Arts and it includes movie editing, photography (too bad they phased that out in our school), etc. At first I was clueless as to what DSLR camera I'm going to buy but a friend who's a professional photographer suggested this since I'm a newbie and I'm looking for a cheap camera.

The Canon 550D or T2i takes great pictures and best of all, videos. You can check out vids on YouTube, though. They're amazing! Although reviews say it doesn't have autofocus, it's not that necessary for a SLR as manual focus is a lot better and you get to control the focus yourself. Autofocus would be a better option if you're doing a HD vlog and doing it without any assistance. But since the sole purpose of buying a SLR is to be behind the camera gal, then, 550D IS THE ONE.

2. Trip to Hong Kong for 1 week


I've been to Hong Kong once and that was 3 years ago. But the experience of stepping foot and the first time I came down on the plane felt like it happened yesterday or just a week ago. Maybe it's the first country outside the Philippines that I've been to, hence, I'm still gushing about it. No matter, that trip meant so much to me.

First, I got to be a kid again at Hong Kong Disneyland. Nothing can ever top that since I'm such a kid at heart and I grew up watching Disney movies.

Second, being able to meet new people from a different culture. Truth be told, I used to be a huge fan of Mandopop and Chinapop. So, it was very exhilarating and fan girl mode emerged. The only time I was able to meet celebrities, though, was at Madam Tusaud's Wax Museum. Would've been nice if they were actually there in the flesh.

Third, getting to eat food that's not even part of our local menu. What I love most about Chinese food, as in THE Chinese food, is that it actually helps with your digestive system. REALLY! No wonder a lot of Chinese people are thin!

3. Old Apple Earphones (without the mic)


During a recent visit to the Apple online store, there were many reviews about the new Apple earphones with microphone that they wear out fast. Some of those consumers even said the rubber surrounding the earphones tend to tear in a few months.

The reason I added this to my list is because everytime I get new Apple earphones (first from my iPod shuffle, second from iPod touch 2nd generation), it's either it got stolen and borrowed by someone who doesn't know where they put the earphones last - which is FRUSTRATING! Back in the days, these old earphones lasted me years and they worked pretty great.

So, instead of buying the new ones with microphone and since I don't really need one, I'd rather go for the old earphones.



I guess that's just about my "grownup" Christmas list. What's yours?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com