Monday, January 16, 2012

Amanda's Books Part 1

Heya! I don't know if I told you that I love to read. To be honest, I can't count how many I've read since the first grade. Mom had a lot of books back home and I have probably read a parenting book at such a young age - it's not even close to legal. Give or take, third grade. She didn't have a bookshelf, and I'd always find some of her books in different parts of our house.

So, anyway, my mom recently sent a package filled with clothes, shoes and books (I was elated!). Books always seem to fascinate me and I love books that have cute cover illustrations and colors. So, when I saw a pink-colored book, I was like: I have to read this!

Here are the list of books that she sent me today.

Kay Thompson's Eloise

This is the pink book that I was referring to. I thought I was going back to my old, childish self but then again, I read this:

"A book for precocious grown-ups, about a little girls who lives at The Plaza Hotel."

And, so, I heaved a sigh of relief. Illustration books are not just for kids.



Wendy Mass' Finally

Another good-looking cover. Finally is a book that any mom, sister, or friend should give to a girl who's turning 12 - an age where they feel the need to be independent and all grown up.

Synopsis:

Rory Swenson has been waiting her whole life to turn twelve. And she's got a list to prove it. Whenever Rory asks her parents for something, they always say, "When you're twelve, when you're twelve..." Well, in exactly 18 hours, 36 minutes, and 52 seconds, it will finally happen. Rory's life will officially begin!

Fun, funny, and full of surprises, this is a story about wanting to grow up even when the universe seems to be telling you to wait.



Absolute Victory

Due to my lack of knowledge about the World War II, this book got me curious. According to the book, this volume traces the last year of that great conflict, concluding with the triumph over Japan and Germany that Roosevelt had promised. This plunges us directly into the headlong days of World War II- America's finest hour.





Rick Riordan's The Lost Hero

The moment I saw it, I had this gut feeling that it's going to be made into a movie. What with the likes of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and Twilight, it's not impossible.

What's great about this book is that it's inspired and based on Greek and Roman mythology which is, in itself, two of the most-loved mythology of all time. My cousin's very well versed with the Greek mythology, just so you know. This book was released on October last year.

That sums up the books that I've received and will read right after the weekdays. Can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com